It's Potty Time!

Last weekend Xavier and I had a Potty Party! Mom was finally ready to start the whole potty training process. (Yes, Xavier has probably been ready for a few months, but I was not.) I actually set up his little potty chair in the living room on a few towels and had Xavier go commando the entire weekend. Xavier took right to it and could not be prouder of himself! I am very happy to report that we have been diaper free all week (except at night) and we have only had 3 small accidents since Saturday morning!!! This whole process has been quite exhausting, but I am so proud of my little man!
So all I have been able to talk & think about this entire week is potty. I have talked about it everyday with anyone who will listen. And do you know what I have discovered? Once the subject has been brought up, everyone else just wants to talk about potty too. Everyone has to tell you about how they or how they heard was the best way. I have gotten the most advise on how to help little boys have better aim. I know when I worked at the day care we put Cheerios's in the toilet and had them try and get a bulls-eye. After hearing every one's suggestions, I still think that will work best.
But, my question to all of you is...how do I teach a boy to stand and go potty? After thinking long and hard I have decided that is just something Xavier will have to wait to learn until Daddy comes home. Quite honestly, I do not care if Xavier sits until he moves out and gets married. That is just less I will have to clean up. :)

Is there anything cuter than a little boy in his favorite character underwear?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

go xavier! get ya potty on! :)